A Food Runner has several responsibilities. They serve as assistants to the servers and their main duty is to deliver or "run" food to tables once a food order has been prepared by the cooks. In addition, the Food Runner will greet guests at the door (MOD), bus tables, ensure quality control of the food, filling ice bins, maintain restaurant cleanliness, and other duties as assigned. Clearly state the key objectives or outcomes for the position
Huey's, locally owned and operated, has been a staple of the Memphis community for 50 years. We're known for our blues, brews, burgers, excellent customer service, community outreach, and family environment.
The Food Runner is primarily responsible for delivering food orders from the kitchen to customers' tables rapidly and accurately. It is this person who will maintain the cleanliness of the expo line, organization of order tickets, and communicate effectively with BOH team.
- Deliver food orders to customers quickly and accurately
- Uphold sanitation and food safety principles
- Bus tables by removing dirty dishes and trash
- Check in with customers to ensure their experience is satisfactory
- Ensure patrons have all the appropriate tableware they need to properly enjoy their food
- Handle various impromptu requests from customers
- A Food Runner must be able to multitask to ensure customers get their orders promptly
- Food Runners will have to possess a high degree of organizational skills to easily locate tables and bar patrons to fulfill everyone’s orders
- A Food Runner needs excellent communication skills to ensure they meet customers’ requests. Not only does the Food Runner have to listen to learn where the food needs to go, but they also must communicate with the customers whether it’s checking on their satisfaction or taking an impromptu request.
- Food Runners spend most of their shift standing, so they need to be able to remain on their feet for several hours straight.
- Free Employee Meal when working
- 50% Discount on meal when the off clock (restrictions apply)
- Vision and Dental Insurance (if applicable)
- Cancer Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401-K (if applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Huey’s has served up Blues, Brews & Burgers in the Mid-South for more than 50 years. Originally opening its doors in Midtown in 1970, this family-owned restaurant is best known for being voted the Best Burger in Memphis since 1984. For more than 30 years, longtime owner Thomas Boggs poured his heart and soul into Huey’s, building a legacy that is carried on by his children today.
Huey’s is a local, family-owned restaurant with a fun, flexible, laid-back atmosphere that allows employees to express their own personalities at work.