The Assistant Kitchen Manager assists with overseeing, coordinating, and supervising the restaurant’s kitchen staff according to food safety standards. Their duties include assisting with hiring, training, and scheduling Cooks, performing quality control on food leaving the kitchen, and ordering inventory to keep up with demand.
Huey’s, a Memphis staple for over 50 years, is now hiring Experienced Assistant Kitchen Managers in the Memphis area! Huey’s isn’t just a GREAT place to eat…it’s also a GREAT place to work!!! Huey’s is famous for its Blues, Brews, Burgers, and relaxed family atmosphere.
Assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant kitchen and of the production and preparation of all foods. Assure quality service and products while operating at required budget levels (or better).
- Works the "Window" position of the kitchen line during busy times. Oversees and assists with the preparation of all food products while following recipes and guidelines. Monitors ticket times and adjusts when applicable.
- Interacts with staff daily including management and kitchen employees; keeps them posted on all pertinent information.
- Coordinates human resource functions along with the General Manager as they pertain to kitchen employees including but not limited to the following: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees, overseeing that employee files are kept up to date and that all appropriate information is sent to the proper place, training employees, scheduling employees, performance evaluations of employees, employee meetings.
- Assists with Reviewing and Auditing functions including but not limited to weight tests and reconciliation of food abstract.
- Oversees the upkeep, cleanliness, and organization of restaurant kitchen, delivery areas, and waste receptacle areas. Keeps all equipment maintained and repaired as needed.
- Assist with ordering and receiving food and dry goods orders and verifying the accuracy of invoices
- Assist with taking weekly and monthly inventories of food and maintaining inventory at or below budgeted levels.
- Complies with requirements of the Memphis and Shelby County Health Department. Administers in-house training and testing to kitchen employees on health department regulations.
- Assist with preparing kitchen schedule weekly. Adjusts labor to the volume where applicable.
- Assist with preparing daily prep sheets and monitoring par levels for food.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate of “Serve Safe” or safe food handling certificate equivalent preferred for BOH Manager.
- One to Three years of experience in the restaurant industry as a manager preferred.
- Work requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, or performing other work requiring physical exertion up to 80% of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group of employees, customers, and purveyors.
In Exchange for Your Talents, Huey’s Offers:
- Free shift meals
- Bonus plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Cancer and Voluntary Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation After Six Months of Service
- 50% Discount on Meals When Not Working
- 401K With Company Match
- Great Family Environment
- Excellent Training Program
Huey’s has served up Blues, Brews & Burgers in the Mid-South for more than 50 years. Originally opening its doors in Midtown in 1970, this family-owned restaurant is best known for being voted the Best Burger in Memphis since 1984. For more than 30 years, longtime owner Thomas Boggs poured his heart and soul into Huey’s, building a legacy that is carried on by his children today.
Huey’s is a local, family-owned restaurant with a fun, flexible, laid-back atmosphere that allows employees to express their own personalities at work.