The Assistant Restaurant Floor Manager is responsible for partnering with the General Manager to manage the daily operations of our restaurants. This includes hiring, training, and managing the performance of the team. In our fast past environment, we are customer-focused. Our goal is to consistently deliver quality food and provide good service to drive sales and create repeat customers. The ability to engage professionally, with both customers and team members is necessary for our success.
Huey’s, a Memphis staple for over 50 years, has a laid-back, positive, fun work environment with great food! Huey’s, the home of Blues, Brews, and Burgers isn’t just a great place to eat, it’s a great place to work. We offer a great opportunity for those restaurant professionals who seek a better work/life balance.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will oversee and manage the daily operations of the restaurant.
- Ensure positive guest service, in all areas, by working the floor during mealtimes and other busy times. Greets and mingles with customers, busses table, runs food, monitors ticket times, and ensure food and beverage quality and 100% customer satisfaction. Monitors staff service levels. Responds to complaints by taking all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied customers into return customers.
- Communicates and interacts with management and hourly employees daily. Keeps them updated on all pertinent information, including changes in policies, or operations. Generates a positive environment by motivating employees to ensure a positive and high moral workforce.
- Assist with coordinating all human resource functions including but not limited to the following: interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees, disciplining employees, overseeing that employee files are kept up to date and that all appropriate information is sent to the proper place, training employees, scheduling employees, performance evaluations of employees, employee meetings. Facilitates the development of subordinate managers.
- Assist with interviewing potential new hires, supervises, develop/train, discipline, and when necessary, contact GM to terminate hourly employees. Assist in preparing a schedule and ensuring that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Handles problems and complaints from customers, employees, vendors, and property owners in absence of GM.
- Assist with calculating labor costs, reviews clock in times for tardiness, and reviews clock out times for schedule and operational information. Adjusts labor as needed to comply with budget and volume levels on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Assist with compiling in-house weekly P&Ls and present monthly P&Ls at manager staff meetings in absence of GM.
- Assist with overseeing compliance of all employees to alcohol-related laws. Enforces the requirement of TNABC that all who serve alcohol (both management and FOH employees) MUST have an unexpired ABC card. Maintain and update ABC book/binder.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, and the requirements of the Memphis and Shelby County Health Department. Administer in-house training to employees on health department regulations.
- Must have 3+ years of full-service restaurant managing experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- ServSafe ® Certificate or Safe food handling certificate equivalent preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, for working with a diverse group of employees, customers, and purveyors
- Must be able to meet deadlines and be detailed oriented.
- Intermediate Computer Skills to Include MS Office Suite®, Restaurant 365® a Plus
- Work requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, or performing other work up to 60-80% of the time.
- Free shift meals
- 50% off meals when off the clock
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Cancer and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation after six months
- Potential Bonuses
- Short Term Disability Income Protection
Join our team! Fun atmosphere, great work environment, and excellent benefits.
Huey’s has served up Blues, Brews & Burgers in the Mid-South for more than 50 years. Originally opening its doors in Midtown in 1970, this family-owned restaurant is best known for being voted the Best Burger in Memphis since 1984. For more than 30 years, longtime owner Thomas Boggs poured his heart and soul into Huey’s, building a legacy that is carried on by his children today.
Huey’s is a local, family-owned restaurant with a fun, flexible, laid-back atmosphere that allows employees to express their own personalities at work.