An Expeditor helps keep a smooth workflow between the kitchen and the tables. You will work in a fast-paced environment to get proper orders out faster and more efficiently. As a food expeditor, you must have excellent communication skills and experience in a restaurant’s hectic setting. You must have enough stamina to be in constant motion and skills to coordinate and organize processes and people. The goal is to make service faster and better to help enhance our quality and reputation
Huey's, locally owned and operated, has been a staple of the Memphis community for 50 years. We're known for our blues, brews, burgers, excellent customer service, community outreach, and family environment.
An Expediter (or Expo) is the liaison between the wait staff and the kitchen. The wait staff directs all comments, requests, questions, and special instructions to the Expo, who, then addresses the kitchen. The Expo is the only person to communicate with the kitchen during peak times. Must be friendly to all employees. Expos ensure the expediting area (or window) stays clean and stocked and ensures quality control of the food. An Expo must possess a thorough knowledge of the entire menu and the ability to recognize all the food coming from the kitchen.
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the servers to the kitchen.
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority.
- Assist in the final preparation of dishes.
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation, and temperature.
- Deliver orders to maintain fast service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Excellent time management skills
- Free Employee Meal when working
- 50% Discount on a meal when the off clock (restrictions apply)
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401-K (if applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Huey’s has served up Blues, Brews & Burgers in the Mid-South for more than 50 years. Originally opening its doors in Midtown in 1970, this family-owned restaurant is best known for being voted the Best Burger in Memphis since 1984. For more than 30 years, longtime owner Thomas Boggs poured his heart and soul into Huey’s, building a legacy that is carried on by his children today.
Huey’s is a local, family-owned restaurant with a fun, flexible, laid-back atmosphere that allows employees to express their own personalities at work.