We are looking for experienced, competent, Line Cooks to join our team. Must have a polite, friendly, and willing-to-learn attitude.
Huey’s, a Memphis staple for over 50 years, is now hiring Experienced Line Cook in the Memphis area! Huey’s has a laid-back, positive, fun work environment with great food! Huey’s, the home of Blues, Brews, and Burgers offers a great opportunity for dynamic individuals with Restaurant Experience who seek a better work/life balance.
A Line Cook prepares according to recipes and customer requests. They make sure everything has been set up correctly before starting work. They use specialized kitchen tools to prepare essential ingredients and create a finished product for the restaurant.
- Setting up and stocking his or her station before the start of each service
- Prepping food each day and following Huey’s recipes
- Complying with Health Department regulations and safety standards
- Serving and preparing food of the highest quality
- Make sure that food is ready at the right time, in the right order, and at the right temperature
- Meeting required ticket times for appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
- Cleaning his or her station and may be asked to help other cooks clean up their stations
- Communicating and cooperating with back-of-house and front-of-house co-workers
- Complying with Huey’s policies and procedures
- At least one year of cooking experience preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organization and active listening skills
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to work on your feet for most of the day and lift 30 pounds at a time
- Exceptional time management skills
- Flexible availability for scheduling
- Free shift meals
- 50% off meals when off the clock (restrictions apply)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Cancer and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation after one year
- 401K- if requirements are met
- Short Term Disability Income Protection
- Bus Passes
Join our team! Fun atmosphere, great work environment, and excellent benefits.
Huey’s has served up Blues, Brews & Burgers in the Mid-South for more than 50 years. Originally opening its doors in Midtown in 1970, this family-owned restaurant is best known for being voted the Best Burger in Memphis since 1984. For more than 30 years, longtime owner Thomas Boggs poured his heart and soul into Huey’s, building a legacy that is carried on by his children today.
Huey’s is a local, family-owned restaurant with a fun, flexible, laid-back atmosphere that allows employees to express their own personalities at work.